When you purchase our products, use our services, enter into a contract with us, or otherwise interact with us, you may share some personal data with us. We may also receive your personal information if you are a supplier or contractor to us or if we are a supplier or contractor to you. We may also receive personal data about you from third parties with whom you interact in relation to our products and services or your contractual arrangements with us.
YOUR INFORMATION – HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD IT
Collection of personal data may arise in person, via our digital channels, by phone, email or other method. Examples of direct collection of personal information are:
- Filling out our feedback form.
- Registering your product warranty or making a warranty claim.
- Using any of our product selector tools, completing the post product selector survey or the post purchase survey or completing any product reviews (on or offline).
- Submitting an after purchase enquiry.
- Entering competitions and promotions.
- Emailing, calling or contacting our customer service team or using our website contact message system.
- Filling in a credit application form as part of a supply contract or other commercial transaction.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The kind of personal information we collect and hold includes names, contact details, products purchased, product preferences (e.g. mattress size and firmness), website usage, customer complaints, marketing information, general inquiries and other feedback. We may also potentially receive personal information about your sleeping preferences and whether you suffer from any sleeping disorders or discomfort in relation to our bedding products.
If you are a supplier to or customer of The Comfort Group personal information may include names, addresses, contact details, credit history, personal references and other personal information relevant to our contractual relationship.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
We hold your personal information at our head office which is located at 41-71 Great South Road, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand. Personal information can also be held at our other offices in New Zealand or at our related companies in New Zealand or Australia, or at storage facilities in New Zealand, Australia or overseas. The information is usually stored electronically on servers owned by us or third party data storage providers engaged by us. No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure therefore we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information transmitted from or to you, however once we receive your personal information we will use reasonable efforts to protect the security of your personal information.
USING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION
We may use, process and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act 1993.
We will use the personal information that you supply to us to personalise and improve your experience and relationship with us, provide you with details of our products and promotions or those of affiliates and partners that we feel would be of interest to you, market our products to you and request product reviews or carry out surveys regarding our products. It also enables us to develop better products and attend to your after purchase enquiries.
The Comfort Group websites may also contain links from or to other sites where information practices may be different. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement or another company’s logo on our websites, the “click” may take you off our site. This includes links to and from other companies such as advertisers, sponsors, retailers and partners that we may have joined with to offer or provide you with any products, services, competitions or promotions. We and the other company may share your personal information and may use it to identify future promotional opportunities or to fulfil promotional or contractual obligations. For example, when you arrive at our websites as a link from one of our partnering company’s website, we may share your personal information provided to us as a result of using that link with that other company. You should consult the other party’s website privacy notice as The Comfort Group is not responsible for and does not control the information once you are on a third party website.
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our related companies and affiliates.
- Third party retailers, contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies and business support services like storage and handling of documents and data, and information technology service providers.
- Market research companies who undertake customer surveys for us.
- Insurance companies and professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal, insurance or accountancy services.
- As required by law, such as to regulatory agencies.
- Any other recipient notified to you at the time of collection or that you authorise.
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently, to perform certain functions on the sites and/or to provide site owners with information about how their sites are used.
We also use tracking cookies for web analytics tools and to analyze non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services. It allows us to collect, hold and use statistical information about visits to help us improve our site and marketing. Statistical information may include:
- Your IP address.
- The search terms you used.
- The pages accessed on our site and the links you clicked on.
- The date and time you visited the site.
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site. Your operating system (eg Windows XP, Mac OS X).
- The type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
- The communication channel you may have chosen to use to connect with us (such as Facebook or Twitter) and the personal data you supply to us.
This type of data collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our web analytics may not apply “do not track” settings and you may wish to adjust your browser settings manually (see your specific browser instructions for further information). We may also use third party providers to provide us with these web analytics services.
LINKS TO SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
We use third party sites such as media and social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to help communicate our messages and give you the best experience. We may track your use of our pages and promotions on their sites.
When you communicate with us using a third party site, that site may also collect your personal information for its own purposes. The third party sites have their own privacy policies which are independent of ours.
The third party site may also track your use of our page or our link on their site and also any link they may display on our site. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google, YouTube or Facebook service) while using our site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
EMAIL AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. By subscribing to our email and/or text communications, or otherwise providing us with your email address and/or mobile number, you consent to receiving emails and/or texts (as the case may be) which promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time. You can opt out of those communications at any stage by utilising the corresponding “unsubscribe” facility. Once you have unsubscribed from our email or text communications, we will remove you from the corresponding marketing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction. If so, please contact our Privacy Officer on 0800 753 377. Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us by post to Private Bag 93315, Otahuhu, Auckland 1640 New Zealand.